At Schur Orthodontics, Our number one priority has always been the safety and health of our patients, team members, and community.
Orthodontic treatment requires us to breach coronavirus social distancing guidelines. Therefore, we are instituting new protocols to reduce infection risk when visiting our office.
These new measures were created following guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC)…Opens in a new tab to CDC homepage… and the Washington Department of Health Dental Quality Assurance Commission (DQAC)…Opens in a new tab to DQAC page….
For extra precaution, we’ve also added some additional measures of our own.
What to expect at your next appointment
Important: if you are sick, feel bad, have a cough, sore throat, or fever, please reschedule your visit and contact your physician. If you believe you have been exposed to coronavirus in the last two weeks, please reschedule your orthodontic appointment.
Before your visit
- Please come with clean teeth as we have removed toothbrushes from the sink area–it’s just too risky at this time.
- You are encouraged to bring and wear a surgical mask upon entering our office and leaving the treatment area. Of course, it will need to be removed during your treatment.
Arriving at our office
- Upon your arrival, please stay in your car or a safe place outside of our office and call us.
- When we are ready to see you, you will enter the building, read the COVID screening questions, and knock on the door of if all your answers are “no”. If any answer is “yes”, please return to your car and call us.
- Once you knock, we will meet you there, take your temperature with a forehead-scanning thermometer, and give you some hand sanitizer.
- We will then take you to your chair for treatment.
- Our reception room will be closed. We will ask friends and family members to stay in the car. We are happy to communicate with parents by phone or email.
During your appointment
- Proper hand hygiene is a crucial measure.
- You will be treated with cleaned and sterilized instruments in a properly prepared and disinfected treatment area.
- Our team will be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
After your visit
- We will have you wash your hands or give you more hand sanitizer.
- You will return to your car and call us to schedule your next appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
As part of our proactive approach, we were already practicing most of these infection prevention measures prior to the coronavirus dental office closures in mid-March. They were well received by patients and family members.
We look forward to returning to normal circumstances, but please be aware that many of these new standards may become permanent even after the coronavirus pandemic has passed.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. Your health and safety are our main concerns!