What is a Just Cause?
In the book, The Infinite Game, Simon Sinek introduces the concept of Just Cause; an overarching statement of an organization’s focus, motivation, and purpose. It guides decisions and actions, and it aims the organization toward the long term objective. The Just Cause transcends an organization’s founders, officers, and members. It binds the team in cohesiveness.
What is the Just Cause of Schur Orthodontics?
Our Just Cause is “To establish our patients’ smiles and dental function as an asset to their health and well-being, as well as their social and professional lives.” Orthodontic treatment, done properly, affects both smile esthetics and oral health. In some cases, it can play a role in overall health and wellness. We believe that both are important, but we recognize that our patients are motivated by each to varying degrees. We include both in discussions with patients.
How This Affects Your Treatment
Orthodontists, patients, and team members are confronted with a sea of treatment and technology options. You depend upon your orthodontist to determine which of those options will work best for you and to be guided at every interaction by their Cause. This assures that the decisions and treatment actions are done in your best interest. It may sound corny or cliche, but the proper focus and attention on your best interest make so much difference in the quality of your care.
What We’d Like You To Know About Us
- Although we love office systems, we aren’t enamored with any treatment system that is universally applied to our patients in a generic fashion. Our patients receive individualized attention and care. For example, we don’t believe that everyone who walks through our door should have expansion treatment.
- We believe in real evidence-based care. Proper evidence-based care is a balance between science, patient preference, and practitioner experience. We do not seek the early adoption of shiny object trends, as so many have been introduced as must-do’s until their claims are proven false or greatly exaggerated. Examples include the pricey vibration devices and self-ligating brackets–these really just come down to a matter of preference. Here’s a good blog post on the topic.
- Our skilled treatment team has been together for many years, so we function as a real team that is focused on your care.
- Our treatment coordinating is top-notch. We take care of all of your scheduling needs, rather than giving you homework. We communicate directly with your other treating offices, rather than asking you to convey messages for us.
- We run on time. This is a matter of respect for your time and an important means of quality control. Through deliberate, precise scheduling we are able to focus on YOU during YOUR appointment time.
- Dr. Schur’s annual continuing education time exceeds the state requirement several-fold. He is also very selective about the courses he attends.
- We direct a significant focus on how our practice systems and procedures enhance your experience. We are constantly analyzing and revising our systems with an eye on making treatment easier and more convenient for you. We have many patients who are skilled in this area, and we are thankful for the feedback and suggestions we’ve received!
We’d Love To Hear From You!
Please feel free to contact us with any questions about your needs, orthodontics in general, our practice, or anything that was addressed in this post. Thank you for visiting our website!